Thursday, September 2, 2010
Just wanted to share..
Have you ever felt so discouraged that you started doubting if something you wanted REALLY bad was ever going to happen? Ok --- I was that discouraged on Tuesday afternoon. I had spoken to our caseworker and while she's really sweet and I honestly feel like she does truly want for us to get a baby almost as bad as we do, she's not really the best at making me feel better. I actually usually feel worse after I talk to her because she usually tells me that they are really busy and have lots of pending matches but no one is looking at our profile anytime soon. ( ok she doesn't say it like that but that's the jist of it!) Anyways this was my day on Tuesday and I was in a foul mood! When I got into my car to go home I was praying that God would help me get out of my funk and let it all go and give it all to him. I pulled out of my work parking lot and onto a side street and out of the corner of my eye I see this man on the side of the road holding a cross. Yes a CROSS! I had to do a triple take on this one! It was a huge cross about the size I would imagine that Jesus carried the day he died for our sins! I have no idea who this guy was or why he was on the side of the road carrying a cross ( or even if it was a real cross and not something that just kindof resembled a cross), but I KNOW without a doubt that God put him there to remind me that he will carry all of the weight of this world if we will just let him!!!! I haven't told anyone about that until now but I just felt like I needed to share that. I've given it all to him and am just going to try to enjoy my life and not be discouraged. He WILL provide for us and he has a plan for our lives. Hopefully this might help someone else who is feeling discouraged and disheartened right now!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing! What a great reminder that we don't need to carry our "stuff" around!
ReplyDeleteI'm just reading this!!! Sometimes God's presence is felt... but his word is not heard because we are so busy with "life". But often God shows us a sign that we can't deny and reminds us to slow down and always remember... He's in charge... HE knows what He's doing... HE knows better than us... and HE has always and will always make everything happen perfectly. :) I love you!!
ReplyDeletethat was Amber... not Josh!! lol
ReplyDeleteWow! I just read this. I got cold chills! God is absolutely amazing and I am so glad that you were able to experience his awesomeness in that way. He knows what he is doing and sometimes we really do need to be reminded of that. I love you!!
ReplyDelete