Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Faith

Honestly without faith, I know without a doubt that I would not be able to get through this process!! We just had our 3rd failed match this past weekend. It wasn't truly a failed "match" but it was really close and hurts just as much! I am sad of course but have really been thinking about Faith and what it really means to have Faith in God thru the bad times. Faith is easy when things are going well, but when it really matters is when you are going through hard times. This morning one of my devotions was this:


... that faith is exactly what it takes to get through uncertainty. Faith is not necessary when you know how things are going to work out, - that's knowledge. It's in the time of unknowing that having faith is what sees you through to the other side. Faith is what gives you strength. Faith is that light in your heart that keeps on shining even when it's all darkness outside. Now is the time to keep that faith alive!

Perfect huh? :) I pray that our time will be soon but most importantly I pray for God's Will to be done!!! ( and also some patience to get me through! :)). Here are a few bible verses that I love that are about faith.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)


Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," delares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity." (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your third disappointment. :( Leaning on God and finding comfort through His word is the best thing you can do to help you get through it and to look forward to the future and to bring home the baby that He has planned for you.

    ReplyDelete