Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting...

It seems like thru the entire adoption process (so far at least) you are always waiting. Waiting for Ryan to get on board with Adoption, waiting on the agency to acknowledge our preliminary application, waiting for them to process our preliminary application, waiting to be accepted into the program, waiting to start the home study, waiting on background checks to come back.... etc...

If you know me, you know that I'm definitely not the most patient person in the world. Actually my husband might say that I'm the least patient person in the world! :) Right now I'm waiting on our home study to officially be approved and it's driving me crazy to say the least!!! Our caseworker went ahead and gave our profile's to the birthparent counselors weeks ago and we are already online so this is really just a technicality but I still would like to know that we are officially approved and nothing is going to come up that needs to still be done. I'm really hoping that once we finally get this in hand, the waiting won't be as bad because then we are truly just waiting on our baby!!!! :) I know God has a plan and I believe he has used my infertility and now the adoption process to help me become a more patient person. Believe it or not, I have grown in this area, however, still have a hard time waiting on other people! I'd much rather do things myself than wait on someone else to do it! I'm sure I can't be alone in this. I'm also pretty certain that our caseworker is extremely ready to be finished with us so that she will not see my name in emails everyday anymore... hehehe... I'm just kidding.. I don't email everyday.. it's more like every few weeks which hopefully isn't too much more than she gets from other adoptive couples. There really wasn't a point in this blog post but I hadn't posted anything in a while and I needed something to do to keep me from emailing our caseworker yet again to find out what in the world is taking so long!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I feel like I could have written this exact same post. I finally broke down and e-mailed our caseworker yesterday because I really hadn't heard from her for 6 weeks. We are waiting for our application to be approved, so we can start our homestudy. I know God has a plan for us, and I too think it is often to teach me patience as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! :) I broke down and emailed ours Monday morning. She read it but still hasn't responded. :( Weird part is she's usually very good about responding. Oh well .. hopefully we will both hear something soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete